Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/rentaenc/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/functions.php on line 5806

Before travelling to Cuba

Before travelling to Cuba

Before traveling to Cuba we have to have the round trip flight, the visa, a lodging to stay, either hotel or private house and travel insurance.


To rent in rentaencuba.es

Cuba offers, apart from hotels, accommodation in private homes.

You can choose between:

Bedrooms: For your own use you have a bedroom and a bathroom. The rest of the stays are for shared use with a Cuban family. These can be the living room, the kitchen or the terrace. 

Apartments: For the exclusive use of the tourist, it usually has a bedroom, living room, kitchen and sometimes a terrace or balcony.

This type of accommodation has a badge that tells us that foreign tourists can stay there.

Rent for foreigners

To rent in rentaencuba.es:

1– Select the apartment to rent and fill in the form at the bottom of the page.

2– Once sent you will receive a confirmation email and our representative will contact the owner of the apartment to see if it is free.

3– Once sent you will receive a mail of confirmation and our representative will put in touch with the owner of the apartment to see if it is free.

4– In affirmative case we will send you a confirmation email with the address of the house, if not, we will contact you to let you know

5– 1 month before the date of entry we will contact you and the owners of the house to confirm that there has been no change.

6– If you change your plans, please contact us as soon as possible to cancel the reservation.

The Visa

It is important, once you have the flight, to buy the visa. This is obtained in travel agencies or authorized airlines. I usually buy it on onlinetours, the price is € 22 plus shipping. Keep in mind that the passport must have a minimum validity of 6 months.

Before travelling to Cuba Visa

This allows you to stay in Cuba for up to 30 days, if you want to overcome these 30 days, once in Cuba, you have to go to the Cuban authorities and request an extension for another 30 days. Children, regardless of age, also need entry visas.

Important to keep the visa until the exit. When you go outside, just a photocopy of your passport.

To leave Cuba it is essential to present the visa, passport and return ticket.

Health insurance

From May 1, 2010 it is mandatory to enter with medical insurance.

I have never been asked to do so, but in case of doubt it is better to wear it, on the other hand, it does not cost much and better to be covered in the face of unforeseen circumstances, health care for tourists is not exactly cheap.

You can take it out on onlinetours or mundiespana

To travel to Cuba it is not necessary to be vaccinated.

Electric equipment

The electricity in Cuba is 110 volts. There are apartments that also have plugs prepared for 220 volts.

If you do not have this information, take an adapter, since the 110 volt plugs are flat and you could not plug the electrical devices you carry.

Time zone

Do not forget, when you arrive in Cuba, adapt the clock to the new time zone. If you go from Spain it is 6 hours less.


Cuba is one of the safest countries in the world, at least for tourists. You can walk through its streets late at night without having to fear for your integrity.

It does not hurt to keep some safety rules, if they steal you will be careless. Save the money in the front pocket. 

When you pay at restaurants, check the account before paying.

In taxis, they put the meter when you mount or agree a price if you know how much it can cost before starting.

Contact us:

Form of contact

email: rentaencuba@hotmail.com

Copyright 2017 – rentaencuba